Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 141

After work today, I had a ton of errands to run. As I was driving to one of the many places I had to go to, I realized I was very close to the cemetery that one of my very dearest friends was buried. I just felt like I needed to go visit his grave, and I wasn't sure if I would get the chance to on Memorial Day. So I did.
His name was Darwin Ray, and he was the greatest person anyone could ever meet. My sister & I were really good friends with his kids as well as with him. He was the cool dad in the neighborhood that always hung out and did wild & crazy things with us kids. He died on May 15, 2008 in an awful motorcycle accident. I will never forget the phone call I got from my sister, Kristina, to tell me he had passed. I was at work, and I ended up having to go home because I was crying uncontrollably. It was a very sad day for a lot of people. He was such a fun person to be around, and I am so lucky to have known him. Thanks for being such a great example to me, Starman! I miss you!

1 comment:

Evan and Kristina said...

I sure miss Darwin! He had a very infectious smile and laugh!